As Naturopaths, we are firm believers in nature’s ability to provide what is required in order to have optimal health and vitality. A naturopath believes the body is capable of so much more than most people would have you believe.
We look at the whole picture, not just some random symptom as we are incredibly complex, individual beings with our own unique paths, desires, motivations and passions. Our emotions, our physical and mental state, our happiness, our genes and our environment all play an important role in our health and wellbeing.
We use scientific evidence as well as traditional evidence in practice and our case-taking often uncovers dis-ease long before it has become a diagnosable pathology. Treating both acute and chronic conditions, naturopathic care is well suited to anyone at any age, working really well for people who want to have control over their own health and vitality.
What Naturopaths Do
- Physical symptoms are examined, as well as the influence of lifestyle factors and emotions on the person’s whole health. Nutrition from wholefoods can be used to strengthen and nourish the body. Herbs, tonics and creams can be prepared on an individual basis specific to your own needs. There are a range of practitioner-only products that are safe to use and are evidence-based.
- Naturopathy services may assist with health conditions including digestion, cardiovascular health, hormonal imbalance, fertility, menopause, immune system improvement, stress, anxiety, sleep issues, allergies and skin conditions, migraines, degenerative illnesses such as arthritis, autoimmune conditions and also preventative health strategies.
- Naturopaths keep up with the latest research. As part of our association and insurance standards, we regularly engage in further education courses each year to ensure we are up to date with the latest research and information.
- We treat the cause. Prescription drugs often deal with symptoms but rarely address the cause of ill health. Naturopaths focus on working on a deeper level. By identifying and treating the cause of disease, rather than the symptoms, the body can better regulate and heal itself. In so doing, people not only feel better, they actually get better too.
- We build relationships with our clients. We take our time so you can have your chance to be heard. Instead of being rushed, you get to tell us your concerns, your limitations, your past experiences or anything else you might think is relevant to your health. The relationship is one of mutual respect and this can often be a crucial factor in healing.
It is important to us at Gisborne Health Essentials, that you are teamed up with the best fit naturopath for you. You can read about each of the naturopaths yourself here. And please also come in and have a chat to us or call on 03 5428 4484. We may have special interests in certain areas, but it is just as important that you are with a Naturopath you feel comfortable speaking to and we will always take this in to consideration.