Meet our wonderful in-store team
Bound by a light-hearted mandate that you feel nurtured from the moment you walk through the door, Gisborne Health Essentials, affectionately known as ‘GHE’, is just as charming as it is good for your health and wellbeing.
With beautiful products to make people smile, tailored professional advice, a herbal dispensary, and a wholistic clinic offering services including naturopathy, nutrition, acupuncture, kinesiology, facials, relaxation and remedial massage, all your wellbeing needs are taken care of.
Our beautiful space invites you to delve into your wellbeing in a more nourishing and in-depth way. Providing the essentials for good health, GHE offers an enriching lifestyle based on traditional and natural remedies.
Leisa…also known as ‘Boss Lady’
The head in the sky, always full of ideas and inspiration for the business and her clients, not so good with daily operations and putting things correctly in the system, she’ll just get carried away chatting all day if she could… She genuinely loves supporting her beautiful team and all the wonderful customers and clients and hearing their stories.
You are a 96% match with Leisa if…
- you are up for a chat but don’t mind half a conversation at a time;
- you are an optimist, even in the darkest of times; or
- you need someone who can remember your story…even if they forget your name.
Caitlin…ballerina turned GHE superstar!
Young enough to pass as Leisa’s daughter, mature enough to be her older sister, she has found her passion in life, evidenced by the way she so gracefully moves about the herbs and teas, and greets customers and clients with enthusiasm, respect, and love.
An all-rounder who, if she doesn’t know the answer, will find it out pretty darn quickly for you, she’s our up and coming superstar. In her fourth and final year of her Naturopathy degree, we can’t wait to see her capabilities put to practise in clinic in the future too!
You are a 98.3% match if you:
- Appreciate both efficiency and a perfect job done (she was a full-time ballerina prior to studying naturopathy);
- need a reminder that there are actually Gen 3074s (lol, Gen Zs) who are all over this thing called life; and
- love supporting locals, ‘cos yep, she’s another one!
Hayley…our very own ‘Mary Poppins’…
- rock up to work early;
- can smile beautifully for customers but freeze in front of a camera; or
- have the courage to back yourself and change careers to chase one that holds true to your values.
Cassie…the woman who nurtures us
She can make anyone feel at ease, she is actually our beauty therapist but will still listen genuinely and intently to your health story before very kindly telling you that she’ll need to get one of the Naturopaths to have a chat with you. She’s obviously our expert on all things skincare and makeup. A free spirit, she graces us with her presence, buys Leisa decaf lattes, and makes us all laugh. Full of genuine compliments, a love for her job, and for life itself.
Cassie is a 99.2% match for you if you:
- need help selecting your makeup colours or skincare products;
- need a cheery pick me up or a reassuring smile; or
- need anything, or not, she’ll still find something to make your day.
James…also known as ‘Blanch’
The bee-keeper, the animal whisperer, the cool hair guy, and the son of Leisa. Our great young presenter – “g’day its James Blanch here” – is mostly seen in and out of GHE rather than serving, but he has been known to help out before…probably against his will.
James is a 99% match if you:
- have no sense of smell (he never changes his clothes, or showers);
- appreciate confidence and need standing up for; or
- have a love of freedom and nature.