Meet our wonderful in-store team
Bound by a light-hearted mandate that you feel nurtured from the moment you walk through the door, Gisborne Health Essentials, affectionately known as ‘GHE’, is just as charming as it is good for your health and wellbeing.
With beautiful products to make people smile, tailored professional advice, a herbal dispensary, and a wholistic clinic offering services including naturopathy, nutrition, acupuncture, kinesiology, facials, relaxation and remedial massage, all your wellbeing needs are taken care of.
Our beautiful space invites you to delve into your wellbeing in a more nourishing and in-depth way. Providing the essentials for good health, GHE offers an enriching lifestyle based on traditional and natural remedies.
Leisa…also known as ‘Boss Lady’
The head in the sky, always full of ideas and inspiration for the business and her clients, not so good with daily operations and putting things correctly in the system, she’ll just get carried away chatting all day if she could… She genuinely loves supporting her beautiful team and all the wonderful customers and clients and hearing their stories.
You are a 96% match with Leisa if…
- you are up for a chat but don’t mind half a conversation at a time;
- you are an optimist, even in the darkest of times; or
- you need someone who can remember your story…even if they forget your name.
Amanda…our grounding force…
- need to be around someone who stays grounded and calm;
- are hunting for something very specific that we can order in for you; or
- simply need a helping hand!
Cassie…the woman who nurtures us
She can make anyone feel at ease, she is actually our beauty therapist but will still listen genuinely and intently to your health story before very kindly telling you that she’ll need to get one of the Naturopaths to have a chat with you. She’s obviously our expert on all things skincare and makeup. A free spirit, she graces us with her presence, buys Leisa decaf lattes, and makes us all laugh. Full of genuine compliments, a love for her job, and for life itself.
Cassie is a 99.2% match for you if you:
- need help selecting your makeup colours or skincare products;
- need a cheery pick-me-up or a reassuring smile; or
- need anything, or not, she’ll still find something to make your day.
Kassandra…as sweet as they come…
Our gorgeous Kassandra is a third year naturopathy student with professional retail experience. She’ll help you with anything you need, from makeup to magnesium rubs, and teas to organising your appointments and supplements.
You are a 97% match with Kassandra if:
- you don’t actually know what you want – Kassandra will work it out for you; or
- you do know what you want, Kassandra will sort it out for you with sweetness and a cherry on the top!
Caroline…enthusiasm at its finest and exceptional attention to detail…
Our wonderful Naturopath Caroline will greet you with grace from the moment you walk through our doors. If you are needing guidance with supplements or herbs Caroline will offer her support. She is also a lover of research which she will share with the team and you!
You are a 95% match with Caroline if:
- you want to know if a certain herb or supplement are right for you; or
- you need some TLC and don’t know where to begin- Caroline will guide you.
Rosie…our very own ‘I don’t know how she does it!’
- need to find something quickly;
- require inspiration for your juicing or smoothies; or
- just require a brain to think for you!
James…also known as ‘Blanch’
The bee-keeper, the animal whisperer, the cool hair guy, and the son of Leisa. Our great young presenter – “g’day its James Blanch here” – is mostly seen in and out of GHE rather than serving, but he has been known to help out before…probably against his will. We should also note James is now taller than Leisa (unlike in this photo) where does time go?
James is a 99% match if you:
- have no sense of smell (he never changes his clothes, or showers);
- appreciate confidence and need standing up for; or
- have a love of freedom and nature.