Meet our wonderful in-store team
Bound by a light-hearted mandate that you feel nurtured from the moment you walk through the door, Gisborne Health Essentials, affectionately known as ‘GHE’, is just as charming as it is good for your health and wellbeing.
With beautiful products to make people smile, tailored professional advice, a herbal dispensary, and a wholistic clinic offering services including naturopathy, nutrition, acupuncture, kinesiology, facials, relaxation and remedial massage, all your wellbeing needs are taken care of.
Our beautiful space invites you to delve into your wellbeing in a more nourishing and in-depth way. Providing the essentials for good health, GHE offers an enriching lifestyle based on traditional and natural remedies.
Leisa…also known as ‘Boss Lady’
The head in the sky, always full of ideas and inspiration for the business and her clients, not so good with daily operations and putting things correctly in the system, she’ll just get carried away chatting all day if she could… She genuinely loves supporting her beautiful team and all the wonderful customers and clients and hearing their stories.
You are a 96% match with Leisa if…
- you are up for a chat but don’t mind half a conversation at a time;
- you are an optimist, even in the darkest of times; or
- you need someone who can remember your story…even if they forget your name.
Caroline…our most experienced naturopath
It will be a fortunate day if you find Caro in the shop; she is full of the most grounded wisdom and she’s methodical and thorough in her approach. Though, you might need to get her head out of the clipboard that she will most likely have it in…passionate about sustainable shopping, Caro is the perfect candidate to do the GHE ordering!
You are a 97% match for Caro if you:
- can also speak French
- need someone who is unflappable and calm in a crisis
- are big on “community spirit”; or
- you appreciate that getting to work on time for a 9am start can be a struggle!
Irene…otherwise known as ‘the details woman’
The perfect partner in crime, complementing ‘Boss Lady’ Leisa on Tuesdays and Wednesdays; Irene is all about the details. The specific, detailed knowledge that Irene can retain is out of this world! Their minds may be different, but where details and big picture personalities collide is on the topic of…TREATS, with each of these hard-workers regularly encouraging chais, hot chocolates, and raw vegan treats throughout their shared shifts…justifying how they ‘deserve it’!
Irene is a 98.6% match if you:
- appreciate style – she always looks good, even in her gym gear;
- love research and evidence;
- have a sweet tooth; or
- need to feel genuinely listened to.
Cassie…the woman who nurtures us
She can make anyone feel at ease, she is actually our beauty therapist but will still listen genuinely and intently to your health story before very kindly telling you that she’ll need to get one of the Naturopaths to have a chat with you. She’s obviously our expert on all things skincare and makeup. A free spirit, she graces us with her presence, buys Leisa decaf lattes, and makes us all laugh. Full of genuine compliments, a love for her job, and for life itself.
Cassie is a 99.2% match for you if you:
- need help selecting your makeup colours or skincare products;
- need a cheery pick me up or a reassuring smile; or
- need anything, or not, she’ll still find something to make your day.
Hayley…our very own ‘Mary Poppins’…
- rock up to work early;
- can smile beautifully for customers but freeze in front of a camera; or
- have the courage to back yourself and change careers to chase one that holds true to your values.
James…also known as ‘Blanch’
The bee-keeper, the animal whisperer, the cool hair guy, and the son of Leisa. Our great young presenter – “g’day its James Blanch here” – is mostly seen in and out of GHE rather than serving, but he has been known to help out before…probably against his will.
James is a 99% match if you:
- have no sense of smell (he never changes his clothes, or showers);
- appreciate confidence and need standing up for; or
- have a love of freedom and nature.